3/21 - Crochet Granny Square Pillow Workshop
*BY REGISTERING FOR THIS WORKSHOP, YOU AGREE TO HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ADDED TO THE NEON TEA PARTY MAILING LIST. YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE AT ANY TIME*
When: Sunday, 3/21/21 from 2-4pm EST
Where: On Zoom! (Link will be emailed to you once you register)
About this workshop:
Master the classic crochet "granny" square while making a decorative throw pillow for your home! In this class, we'll get you started with your first granny square, showing you how to begin your design and layer on rounds of double crochet shells, which comprise the granny square look. Then learn the next steps to joining your two large granny squares around a pillow insert to complete your granny cushion! A fun crochet project for determined beginners!!
- how to hold your yarn & hook
- how to chain
- how to double crochet
- granny square pattern
- how to add a single crochet border
- how to join squares with single crochet
Difficulty level: Beginner-Intermediate
For ages: Adults & Kids 10+
- Omegacryl* or yarn of choice in multiple colors (yarn should all be the same weight)
- Crochet hook in size corresponding with yarn label (5mm hook* for Omegacryl)
- Yarn needle*
- Stitch markers*
*Indicates item is included in TNTP Crochet Kit, sent to you when you choose to register with "Ship supplies to me!" option!
Have the supplies for this workshop shipped to you:
Choose the option "Ship supplies to me!" and have a TNTP Crochet Kit shipped to you at 10% off the retail price! Order by 3/14 to receive in time for class!
- TNTP Branded clear vinyl zip craft pouch
- 6 skeins of Omegacryl
- 5mm crochet hook (size H)
- Fiskars® TSA compliant folding scissors
- 1 plastic yarn needle
- 8 stitch markers
About TNTP CommuniTEA Workshops:
TNTP CommuniTEA Workshops are virtual craft classes hosted on Zoom twice a month on Sundays at 2pm EST. Workshops are 1-2 hours, depending on the project, and most are taught by The Neon Tea Party’s founder, Marisa!
Workshops are hosted “meeting” style, meaning that you will have the option to turn your camera and microphone on or off. We encourage crafters to turn your camera on to craft together as a CommuniTEA (hence the class name!) however we totally understand if you’d prefer to craft privately with your camera off.
Registration for all CommuniTEA Workshops is FREE! You have two options when you register:
- I’m gathering my own supplies!: Bring your own supplies or purchase supplies a la carte from the TNTP Shop! Your class’s supply list contains links.
- Ship supplies to me!: Have a craft kit with *almost* all the supplies you’ll need for class shipped to you for 10% off the retail price! Tax & $5 flat rate shipping will be added to your order total at checkout. (We say *almost* because kits may not include common household items needed for class such as scissors, pens, cardboard, etc.)
You will receive a Zoom link via email upon registration, along with all workshop details and supply list! You will receive a reminder email the day before class.
Workshops are recorded and emailed to you after class in case you miss the session or would like to re-watch the lesson at a later date. We recommend downloading the recording, as the video may become inaccessible via the Google Drive link at any time.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting crafty with you!