6/27 - Rainbow Arch Tie Dye Workshop (Proceeds to GLSEN)
When: Sunday, 6/27/21 from 2-4pm EST
Where: On Zoom! (Link will be emailed to you once you register)
About this workshop:
In honor of Pride Month and NYC Pride, join us for this special Rainbow Arch Tie Dye workshop in support of GLSEN. GLSEN is a national non-profit organization, working to create a safe and inclusive K-12 school environment for LGBTQ youth. In this workshop, learn how to prep and band up a t-shirt for a rainbow arch design, then apply dye to create your dream rainbow! $5 from each registration will be donated to GLSEN on behalf of the TNTP CommuniTEA!
- How to prep yourself, your space, and your items for dyeing
- How to tie a rainbow arch pattern
- Dye application tips
- How to wash and care for your tie dyed items
Skill level: Beginner
For ages: Adults & Kids 7+
- Light-colored items in all-natural fabrics (100% cotton works best!)
- Tulip One-Step Tie Dye*
- 4oz squeeze bottles* (or similar size)
- Fabric pencil, pencil, or washable marker
- Bucket/large bowl of water or access to a sink
- Rubber bands*
- Rubber gloves*
- Plastic tablecloth* or something similar to cover your work surface
- Paper towels
- Tie dye rack (optional)
- Plastic bags and/or plastic wrap
*Item is included in our TNTP Tie Dye Kits!
Have the supplies for this workshop shipped to you:
Choose the option "Ship supplies to me!" and have a TNTP Tie Dye Kit shipped to you at 10% off the retail price! Order by 6/20 to receive in time for class!
- 4 Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye® refill packs (3 refills per pack)
- Brights: Fuchsia, Yellow, Turquoise, Purple
- Primary: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue
- TNTP Vibes: Fuchsia, Orange, Yellow, Green
- Shibori: Blue, Turquoise, Black, Purple
- 4 Refillable 4oz. squeeze bottles
- 1.25 ml measuring spoon (equivalent of 1/4 teaspoon)
- Hot Pink Rubber bands
- 4 Rubber gloves
- 2 Plastic aprons
- 1 Plastic table cloth
- 2 100% cotton solid white bandanas
- Easy-clean vinyl craft bag
About TNTP CommuniTEA Workshops:
TNTP CommuniTEA Workshops are virtual craft classes hosted on Zoom twice a month on Sundays at 2pm EST. Workshops are up to 2 hours, depending on the project, and most are taught by The Neon Tea Party’s founder, Marisa!
Workshops are hosted “meeting” style, meaning that you will have the option to turn your camera on or off, however your microphone will remain muted for the duration of the workshop until the end of class to maintain attendee privacy, as workshops are recorded for future distribution at The Neon Tea Party’s discretion.
Attendees are invited to communicate with the instructor and ask questions all via the chat during the workshop. At the end of class, the recording will be stopped and attendees will be invited to unmute themselves to ask any additional questions and interact with their classmates and instructor.
You have two options when you register:
- Ship supplies to me & send me the class recording! - 10% off the retail cost of the kit : Have a craft kit with *almost* all the supplies you’ll need for class shipped to you for 10% off the retail price, plus have the workshop recording emailed to you following class, so that you can craft along any time! Tax & $5 flat rate shipping will be added to your order total at checkout. $5 from your registration fee will be donated to GLSEN. (We say *almost* because kits may not include common household items needed for class such as scissors, pens, cardboard, etc.)
- I’m gathering my own supplies & would like the class recording sent to me! - $5: Bring your own supplies or purchase supplies a la carte from the TNTP Shop! Your class’s supply list contains links. The workshop recording will be emailed to you following class, so that you can craft along any time! The $5 registration fee will be donated to GLSEN.
You will receive a Zoom link via email upon registration, along with all workshop details and supply list! You will receive a reminder email the day before class.
Workshops are recorded and emailed to you after class, only if you register for an option with the class recording. We recommend downloading the recording, as the video may become inaccessible via the Zoom link at any time.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to getting crafty with you!